March 03, 2009

Why Sci Is Awesome, #276

"I want to send you something. What is your address?"

So I told her, her being Scicurious. She said it would come from The Devil's Panties, which I should go read, along with Girl Genius. Girl Genius I already read, and Devil's Panties is fun (though I'm nowhere near current yet). Now I was curious.

I refused to spoil the fun by going to the store and looking around, though, and I'm so glad I didn't. I wouldn't have laughed nearly as hard when I opened my mail yesterday.


Yes, those are playing cards of men in kilts being willingly assaulted with leafblowers. Really.

I sent Sci an email that was nothing but giggling. I'm still giggling today.

So, Sci, here's a picture from the last Scotland trip, just for you. I think you'll recognize the guy in the middle.


Anybody needs me, I'll be sitting over there, playing solitaire and giggling.

10 comments:

DuWayne Brayton said...

I am walking out the door to go to the coffee shop. I'm not wearing a kilt, I'm wearing a skirt. It's only because of the temperature outside that I'm wearing something underneath it....

Stephanie Zvan said...

DuWayne, the huge advantage to Utilikilts is the cargo pockets. I have yet to see a skirt with anything like that.

gregladen said...

Somewhere, but I can't lay my hands on it right now, I've got a holster for a .32 designed to work with a kilt.

(Where did I put that thing???)

Stephanie Zvan said...

For carrying concealed underneath or made to work with a kilt belt? Those things are stunningly wide.

gregladen said...

My understanding is it was for concealing the weapon, and it may have been used by a detective sort of person.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Interesting. I'd love to see that. Kilts hang pretty smoothly, so I'm curious how it was worn to neither show nor interfere with walking.

And how did you end up with that?

scicurious said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad you like it!!!

And I want a female utili-kilt. Because I would wear skirts much more often if they had pockets.

Stephanie Zvan said...

I hear you on the pockets, Sci, although given a choice, I'll skip the pleats. They make me look even more cylindrical. Give me a nice A-line or circle skirt and I'm happy. Pockets in the seams or tacked outside, I don't care.

scicurious said...

Hell no, pleats are NECESSARY. Pleats + short + my awesome sexy combat boots = HOT SCI

Stephanie Zvan said...

You should see my mental picture of what I'd look like in that outfit. You'd be laughing as hard as I am. I can see that playing to your strengths. It would totally not play to mine.