June 29, 2009

CONvergence Schedule

This weekend is CONvergence. Here's where to find me, subject to change, of course. This is an SF convention.

Meet My Invisible Friends
Friday, 12:30 p.m.
Are you replacing your real friends with virtual ones? What are the RAMifications of social networking websites?
Annie Lynsen, Naomi Kritzer, Stephanie Zvan

Big Brother: Advent of 1984
Sunday, 12:30 p.m.
Is privacy as we know it gone? How does privacy work in this connected age?
Craig A. Finseth, Stephanie Zvan

Deconstructing the Paranormal
Sunday, 3:00 p.m.
A step-by-step look at an open-minded scientific approach to investigating paranormal claims.
Pete Lane, Stephanie Zvan, Rebecca Watson

I'll be checking out guest of honor programming and the Skepchick programming track. I might hit some writing panels, but I know most of the people on them and their opinions on the topics. Speculative fiction writing is a small community. Ben will have some of his photography in the art show.

We have a couple of other commitments this weekend, but we'll be around the con for most of it. Look for us above the pool, where the best people watching is, or near Atrium 7, where the skeptical programming is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous, I would love to come to an event like this.
I hope this keeps happening every year, maybe I'll get a chance one day. Maybe a honeymoon idea....

Jason Thibeault said...

These interwebs people might think we're stalking them, dear.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Heh. There was one person I emailed and chatted with before ScienceOnline'09 so that I could suppress my fangirl squee when I got there.

CONvergence is lovely and huge, and the new skeptic track is a big bonus. Dragon Con in Atlanta also has skeptical programming. Boskone is big and geeky and much closer to you. Then there's TAM and ScienceOnline and....