June 02, 2009

Trolled

Gosh, apparently talking about rape is controversial, particularly when one doesn't argue that only inhuman monsters rape. I haven't been trolled this hard since talking about...huh, equal pay. Let me count the ways.
  • Apparently, I was both bragging and claiming victimhood.
  • Talking about a personal experience made the whole thread all about me, narcissist that I am.
  • I got diminutivized.
  • I was told what my point was.
  • I set out on a slippery slope.
  • Saying nasty things.
  • And ended up a anti-male bigot.
  • With no point.
  • And then the name-calling started.
Interestingly enough, our troll declined to interact with Greg in any way, except to say, "Oh, I'll be busy for the next few days. By the way, we have something in common. Nice to meet you," when Greg put up citations. Charming little transparent creep.

7 comments:

CyberLizard said...

Good grief! I'm rather glad now that I was struck down with a sinus infection and didn't participate in that thread anymore. What a douchebag! (Not you, Mr. Troll is the douchebag, just in case that wasn't clear!)

Stephanie Zvan said...

No worries on being clear, CyberLizard. I'm well aware of how much restraint I exercised. :)

It was a bit bruising to wade through that much abuse as though it weren't happening, particularly since I knew how easy it would be to call in the cavalry, but he was being so...illustrative.

Jason Thibeault said...

I missed that show, sorry. To make up for it though, I'm letting myself get trolled right now at Greg's, while at work even.

High-five!

Stephanie Zvan said...

And making excellent work of it, too, Jason. Nice job steering back toward the topic.

I wasn't kidding about knowing I could call in the cavalry. Greg has been perfectly happy to intervene in the past when I've said, "Hit him here, please," and there were plenty of people just a Tweet away, you included. That makes doing this sort of stuff much easier.

DuWayne Brayton said...

My goodness, I've missed all sorts of fun...We'll see where else it can go with a post on it going up at my place tomorrow...

DuWayne Brayton said...

And speaking of trolled - WTF on tin revolutionaries???

Stephanie Zvan said...

DuWayne, there seems to be plenty to go around. I'm sure you'll get your share. :)

As for "Tin Revolutionaries," someone appears to have emailed it around and posted it on their MySpace page. It's very popular there. It got about three hits from the link--and one very familiar-looking screed. Why, oh, why can they never punctuate?