- Nobody really disagrees with you.
- People who claim they disagree with you are being dishonest.
- People who claim they disagree with you are out to get you.
- You argue that someone (else) getting mobbed online "deserved it."
- You find yourself not understanding a lot of things but don't ask any questions.
- You consider accounting for differing situations to be hypocrisy.
- You don't know what your goal is in an argument, but that doesn't stop you.
- You view all discussions that consist of more than, "Yeah, me too," as arguments.
- All disagreements have a right and a wrong.
- All disagreements must have a winner and loser.
- Wrong = evil, unforgivable, delusional.
- You alone understand what everyone "intends" by what they say. Better than the speaker.
- You consider sympathy for both sides in a disagreement to be the same thing as no sympathy for either.
- You crave real-world consequences for things said online, but not for you.
February 28, 2010
You may have PTDD if: