August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mike

Today is Tangled Up in Blue Guy's birthday.

Mike, my wish for you is that this be the year you manage to get back to school. However, I hope you realize that even if school eludes you a little longer, you're taking big steps toward your dreams. The formality of a university program can only add gloss to the scholarship you practice on your own. It can't touch the work you're doing to educate others as you learn.

I'm also hoping you get exactly what you want this year politically, but that has some selfish motivations mixed in. And who knows, maybe you'll finally win that argument with your friend. What ever the year brings, I wish you much joy of it and I look forward to another year of co-conspiracy.

Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Stephanie. This means a lot to me.