August 29, 2008

Obama Wins Minnesota 60%-40%

At least he does if the voters are limited to registered readers of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

I was flipping through the comments on the local article about McCain's inexplicable VP pick. Comments can be voted up or down, and it got to the point where I didn't have to read the comment to know which candidate it favored. Pro-Obama? Approved by 55%-75% of readers. Pro-McCain? Approved by 35%-45% of readers.

Looks like good news for Al Franken's Senate campaign, too. Funny comments had about a 90% approval rating, regardless of affiliation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm dumbfounded by Mr. McCain's choice. It's either the single most cynical thing of this whole campaign or it is evidence that he is already suffering dementia. My wife wonders if he's already conceding defeat and is merely trying to look historic in the process.

Stephanie Zvan said...

I'm going with a combination of cynical and confused. I think he's trying to reach "moderate" women and deep social conservatives at the same time. I'm curious to see whether people who want one of the things that she represents can compartmentalize enough to ignore the other. I've already seen a "I'm not against equality for women, but who will take care of the children if she becomes president?" response, so it's not looking great for compartmentalization.