December 07, 2008

Podcasting

I know you've always wanted to know what I sound like, right? Of course, you say, which is why I went and picked up a radio/podcast gig. It was all just for you.

Okay, the truth is that Mike is moving up from host to cat-herder for the Minnesota Atheists Sunday morning radio show, Atheists Talk. They needed new on-air talent to try to take his place, and Mike asked whether I might be interested. I believe the email said something about being a radio goddess.

This morning was the shakedown show with many lessons learned along the way, but we all came out of it still pretty happy with each other. I think I'll be doing this again. Next time, I might even tell people about it beforehand.

Oh, and if you do actually want to hear what I sound like, or listen to Austin Dacey, who had much more interesting things to say than I did, the podcast is available.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly how Rachel Maddow started.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Well, maybe not exactly. I did get fan mail, though, and not from anyone I know. That was very cool. Weird but cool.

Anonymous said...

Fan mail is supposed to be from people you don't know. Otherwise it is not fan mail.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Exactly.

Drugmonkey said...

Nice Job SZ! (You don't know me so that counts as fan mail....)

Stephanie Zvan said...

Hmm, there's not knowing and then there's not knowing. I'll have to think about that one, DM.

But thanks!

Lou FCD said...

Please tell Ben not to read the following comment on accounta I like my ass unkicked:

Your voice is teh sexayh, baby.

OK, that wasn't so bad, eh? It could have been worse (you know it's true!)

Stephanie Zvan said...

Oh, it could have been much worse, Lou. Thank you.