February 19, 2009

Good Times

Considering how much corporate money went into keeping the Republicans in power for as long as they were, there's something satisfying about hearing a successful, large-company CEO saying (essentially), "I'm about as independent as they come, but I have to say it's strange to hear the Republicans talking about how the stimulus bill is going to mortgage our future. I mean, considering what they did, I think they pretty well had that covered."

Not as satisfying as watching an election in which the corporate money wasn't a big deal, but satisfying.

Extra satisfying when sitting across from the table from someone who had a coworker in my office nearly in tears with the nasty things he said about why McCain lost. That part was very nice.

That is all.

[Updated to hopefully fix an annoying search engine glitch.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In tears? Now that would be priceless. I may have to bring that interview up at work on Monday, just for a particular Republican whom we have brought to tears on occasion.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Dan, he wasn't in tears unfortunately. Better luck with yours.