September 02, 2008

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

Uh, hell if I know, actually. I'm surprised it's September.

There was major construction in there, resulting in so much (expected) damage to the yard that I still have trouble looking at it. I made some friends in unexpected places. There was catsitting. Oh, and blogging. Definitely blogging.

No real vacation, though, and given that, I don't feel much like submitting to the grind today. Instead, I'll give you some other folks who are back at school.

Lou is distilling his biology class into an excellent series of blog posts. The one on his termite lab is way cool, particularly as one student gets over the squicks by getting interested in the science. (Ooh. He's also practicing his best teacher look.)

Samia has a review of her reproductive biochemistry text that should be a must-read for every textbook writer. Think about how students will read these things, would you (although I defy anyone to predict Samia's reaction in full)?

Greg has already turned in a full book report, on Chris Mooney's Storm World: Hurricanes, Politics, and the Battle Over Global Warming. Topical both meteorologically and politically. Whee!

Zuska isn't actually back at school, but she's still learning--from summer vacations past.

4 comments:

Lou FCD said...

Someday, I will learn to read instructions. That day, however, is apparently not today.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Owch. On the, uh, upside(?), sometimes you get more out of life by beating your head on it a bit first.

Lou FCD said...

On the upside, he didn't crucify us for not Ring TFB.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Cool. Lesson learned the merely uncomfortable way. :)