September 24, 2008

Yeah, Yeah

It's that time of year again. Since people have hinted that I'm to watch their blogs, I'll add links later.

In the meantime, enjoy the traditional Renaissance Festival birthday song. The "happy birthday"s are sung in a group, with a loud grunt at the end of each. The changing lyrics are started by whomever sings the loudest and continued by everyone who knows them. The "but" is very cheerful. The rest is a dirge. If I've missed a verse, traditional or not, please add it in the comments.

Happy birthday, huh.
Happy birthday, huh.
All the world's in dark despair
People dying everywhere, but

Happy birthday, huh.
Happy birthday, huh.
I like puppies, yes I do
Boiled or baked or in a stew, but

Happy birthday, huh.
Happy birthday, huh.
Now that you're the age you are
Your demise cannot be far, but

Happy birthday, huh.
Happy birthday, huh.
I'm a leper can't you see
Get your birthday hug from me, but

Happy birthday, huh.
Happy birthday, huh.
May the cities in your wake
Burn like candles on your cake, but

Happy birthday, huh.
Happy birthday, huh.
You have lived a year too long
You've had to hear this stupid song, but

Happy birthday, huh.
Happy birthday, huh.

Updates
Janie knows the perfect birthday gift for me. A story. Just don't pay attention to the part where she casts aspersions on my ass. She's never seen my ass, though not for lack of asking.

Greg gave me another Stephanie to share my birthday with. How cool is that?

Dr. Isis has a lovely, immodest proposal that isn't really for the occasion, but I'm going to pretend it is anyway.

Mike is exaggerating my writing prowess. He's right about almost everything else, though.

Betul has posted pictures from her trip to Turkey. These are from the Black Sea region and so beautiful I'll even lay off asking her for the Istanbul pictures--for a while.

Monica has updated her blog after far too long a hiatus. Now this is starting to feel like an occasion.

8 comments:

JanieBelle said...

dernernernernerner nerner.

YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

dernernernernerner nerner.

Ok, I'm done. Happy Birthday, Steph.

Anonymous said...

Happy magically-turning-one-year-older-over-night day!

Anonymous said...

I guess this means we have gone around the sun one more time for you. Happy Birthday!

Betül said...

Hah, I gave a purple song to you as a present :)

and a Turkish celebration:
Mutlu Yillar! :)

Stephanie Zvan said...

Thanks, all!

Janie, I was tempted to put up lyrics to the Dresden Dolls "Me and the Minibar," but I didn't want anyone thinking I was actually upset about having a birthday.

Felicia, if you look at the time this post went up, you'll get it down to the minute. I was asleep, though.

Mike, just for me? Aw.

Betul, I was wondering what to get as my birthday indulgence. That's perfect. Now I just have to figure out which album to start with.

Mme Piggy said...

Happy Birthday, Stephanie!

Someday I hope we'll meet in person to discuss all we have in common including men in kilts, Prince (the exalted Purple one), and bleeding heart, good for everything, down home liberalism.

Have a fantastic day!

Monica

Kelly McCullough said...

Happy B-Day! Hope it's lovely.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Monica, Kelly, I promise to do my damndest. And Monica, I'm sure we can arrange something. We can just pick a spot that needs a kilt invastion, right?