September 23, 2008

World (and Otherworldly) Music

Betül left me a link to this Gogol Bordello video in the comments today.



I'm so glad she did. I was vaguely aware of the existence of the band. I was completely clueless that I need their music right now!

In return, I was hoping to find her a fun song from my favorite Celtic, Middle Eastern, Eastern European, punk, thrash, folk band with heavy blues influences. I didn't find quite what I was looking for, because the band's silliest days are long behind them. But I did find something so totally unexpected that I had to share.

The song is "The Microorganism" by Boiled in Lead. It was written in the early eighties, and well, let's just say it wasn't originally about the Goa'uld. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to hear it the same way again.



If you like the music, there's more from the band and the label here.

1 comment:

Betül said...

Haha, this is such a nerd song and I love it!!! I think I will use this song in one of my biology classes :))

And I knew you would love the purple song, that's the song I listen when I feel so depressed in the lab, at times that things don't work (which is almost always)

:)